Thursday, October 8, 2009

Reflection Post

When I was about eight my parents were still together, life was good. When they separated that’s when everything got difficult. My whole attitude change towards the worst, my relationship with my mother wasn’t the greatest. I blamed her for not allowing me to have a regular life with a father figure in my life. Growing up without a father present made it very complex to do right. I learned from the older boys in my neighborhood and they directed me in the wrong path. A little boy that has no direction in society is easy influence by his surroundings, I wasn’t a leader by far, but I was a survivor I knew how to take care of myself, I cook for myself when I was hungry, wash and iron my clothes for school and even if was confronted by the other kids about my appearance and lack of or they just being mean I was able to defend myself. It wasn’t unusual for kids in my neighborhood to be without a parent, so I had to adapt and get over it, in order to maintain my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment